Marvelous ascent of Aconcagua 6,962 m (22,841 ft) via the Vacas Valley, following the Polacos (Polish) route. This trip features spectacular views of Aconcagua, particularly along the less frequented ascent route.
This itinerary climbs the Falso Polaco (False Polish) or the Traverse route.
For the descent, if possible, we will follow the standard route to the base camp at Plaza de Mulas and exit through the Horcones Valley. Alternatively the trek will end in the Vacas Valley. The two alternatives depend upon the decision of the lead guide.
You can start a private trek on any day November-March.
2013-2014 Dates (Open Expeditions= groups to join): December 22 - January 9, February 2-20
Itinerary in Brief
- DAY 1: Arrival Mendoza
- DAY 2: Transfer to Penitentes
- DAY 3: Hike to Pampa de Leņas
- DAY 4: Hike to the Casa de Piedras camp
- DAY 5: Hike to base camp
- DAY 6: Acclimatization / rest day
- DAY 7: Acclimatization hike
- DAY 8: Acclimatization / rest day
- DAY 9: Climb to Camp 1
- DAY 10: Acclimatization hike
- DAY 11: Acclimatization / rest day
- DAY 12: Climb to Camp 2
- DAY 13: Climb to Camp 3
- DAY 14: Summit Attempt
- DAY 15: Summit Attempt
- DAY 16: Descend to Base Camp
- DAY 17: Descend to Pampa de Leņas
- DAY 18: Pampa Leņas -> Vacas Valley trailhead -> Mendoza
- DAY 19: Transfer to airport, depart
- Reach the top of one of the Seven Summits
ACTIVITIES: Mountain Trekking