Antarctica Expedition Cruising
Don't just go on vacation, go on the adventure of a lifetime with this 18 night expedition to the Falkland Islands, South Georgia and the Antarctic Peninsula. Discover the Victorian charm of Falkland culture, walk in Shackleton's footsteps in South Georgia and ask learn about glaciology at Antarctica's first permanent research base in the South Orkney Islands. The diversity of wildlife in the region is breath taking proven by almost-daily encounters with wandering albatross, elephant seals, and macaroni penguins, to only name a few. Observe a colony of king penguins walking the streets of an abandoned whaling village and you will see how nature reigns in this region! But that's not all. Get your camera ready for a zodiac cruise among the enormous icebergs, glowing glaciers, and deep-cut fjords of Paradise Bay and the Antarctic Peninsula. Trust us, you will not want to miss a minute of this incredible journey!
Itinerary in Brief
- DAY 1: Embark from Ushuaia, Argentina to begin our cruise.
- DAY 2: Sail northeast towards the Falkland Islands.
- DAY 3: Observe various species of penguins while exploring Carcass and Saunders Islands on the western side of the archipelago.
- DAY 4: Spend the day exploring the capital of the Falklands and the surrounding area.
- DAY 5: Leaving the Falkland Islands behind, we continue our cruise to South Georgia.
- DAY 6: Continuing our journey to South Georgia.
- DAY 7: Arrive in South Georgia and visit the Bay of Elsehul.
- DAY 8: Cruise along the coast of South Georgia, stopping to view landscape and wildlife in the bays along the way.
- DAY 9: Follow the footsteps of Shackleton and discover an abandoned whaling village teaming with wildlife.
- DAY 10: Witness the breeding displays of wandering albatross on Prion Island.
- DAY 11: Encounter sea-ice and high-Antarctic species while sailing towards the South Orkney Islands.
- DAY 12: Visit to Orcadas, an Argentinean research base.
- DAY 13: Leaving the South Orkney Islands, we continue our journey south towards the Antarctic continent.
- DAY 14: Sail through sea-ice and past icebergs to arrive at the eastern side of the Antarctic Peninsula.
- DAY 15: Discover a colony of chinstrap penguins and hot springs near Baily Head, then walk or sail into Whaler's Bay before encountering the multitude of wildlife at a landing on Half Moon Island.
- DAY 16: View the magical landscape along the western Antarctic Peninsula by ship, on a zodiac cruise and with a shore visit to Cuverville Island.
- DAY 17: Leave the Antarctic Peninsula behind and continue our journey north.
- DAY 18: Continuing to sail north towards Argentina.
- DAY 19: Disembark in Ushuaia.
- Incredible glaciers, some the size of cities
- Icebergs reaching for the sky
- Exciting whale watching
- Seabirds soaring alongside the ship
- Multitudes of Antarctic wildlife
- Pristine mountains rising from the sea
- Majestic, deep-cut fjords
LOCATIONS: Antarctica, Falklands, South Georgia
ACTIVITIES: Expedition Cruising