You’re ready to explore King George Island and the Antarctic Peninsula—and no Drake Passage crossings are required! With a spectacular aerial view, included charter flights between Punta Arenas and Antarctica have you experiencing the majesty of the 7th continent before transferring you to your ship in no time.
Keep your camera ready as you cruise in a Zodiac in search of whales, seabirds and astounding icebergs. Beaches dotted with leopard seals and penguins give way to icy plateaus, with snow- capped mountain peaks looming behind. You’ll find yourself thankful for the near-constant sunlight by which you can continue to take it all in.
- December 2 - 9, 2017 (Ocean Nova)
- December 7 - 14, 2017 (Ocean Nova)
- December 11 - 18, 2017 (Hebridean Sky)
- December 11 - 18, 2017 (Island Sky)
- December 12 - 19, 2017 (Ocean Nova)
- December 16 - 23, 2017 (Hebridean Sky)
- December 17 - 24, 2017 (Ocean Nova)
- December 15 - 22, 2017 (Sea Adventurer / Ocean Adventurer)
- December 16 - 23, 2017 (Island Sky)
- December 21 - 28, 2017 (Hebridean Sky)
- December 21 - 28, 2017 (Island Sky)
- December 22 - 29, 2017 (Ocean Nova)
- December 26, 2017 - January 2, 2018 (Hebridean Sky)
- December 27, 2017 - January 3, 2018 (Ocean Nova)
- December 28, 2017 - January 4, 2018 (Sea Adventurer / Ocean Adventurer)
- January 2 - 8, 2018 (Sea Adventurer / Ocean Adventurer)
- January 7 - 14, 2018 (Sea Adventurer / Ocean Adventurer)
- January 17 - 24, 2018 (Ocean Nova)
- January 22 - 29, 2018 (Ocean Nova)
- January 27 - February 3, 2018 (Ocean Nova)
- February 4 - 10, 2018 (Island Sky)
- February 8 - 14, 2018 (Island Sky)
- February 8 - 15, 2018 (Ocean Nova)
- February 12 - 18, 2018 (Island Sky)
- February 13 - 20, 2018 (Ocean Nova)
- February 16 - 22, 2018 (Island Sky)
Important Program Notes:
- All travelers receive comprehensive pre-departure materials prior to the expedition including a "what to bring list" and other valuable information to insure a wonderful trip.
- Deposits are 75% non-refundable and US$2,000 per person. Due to the special nature of these expeditions, special cancellation policies and terms and conditions apply. We can send specific details on request - please contact us for more information.
- The maximum baggage allowance is 20 kilograms of luggage per person, including carry-on. We highly recommend soft sided luggage and bags.
- The minimum age is 8 years old. Children between 8-12 receive 5% off.
- For single travelers, we recommend signing up on a "willing to share" basis. If you are willing to share a cabin, there is no single supplement. However if you require a guaranteed single cabin, add 85% to the normal per person sharing rate.
- English is the official language on the cruise.
- Because of the temperamental nature of this region's legendary environment, travelers need to be aware and prepared for contingency touring plans (conducted by Expedition representatives) in case inclement weather precludes flying. In general, we recommend an open ticket for return if possible or travel insurance to cover any trip interruption/delay scenarios. We can send details of these contingency plans on request.
Itinerary in Brief
- DAY 1: Arrive Punta Arenas, Chile and overnight
- DAY 2: Fly to King George Island
- DAY 3: Explore Antarctica
- DAY 4: Explore Antarctica
- DAY 5: Explore Antarctica
- DAY 6: Explore Antarctica
- DAY 7: Fly from King George Island to Punta Arenas
- DAY 8: Departure from Punta Arenas
- Fly round trip direct between Chile and Antarctica.
- Enjoy a classic Antarctic cruise without sailing the Drake's Passage.
- This is the ideal expedition for travelers requiring a shorter tour to Antarctica.
- Free up more time to discover intriguing Santiago or include an extension to Chile's wine country, Easter Island, the Atacama, or Patagonia.
ACTIVITIES: Expedition Cruising