Known as the driest desert in the world, this region covers a 1,000 km (600 mi) sliver of Northern Chile. Due to the altitude, cloudless skies, and lack of light pollution, Atacama Desert is one of the best places to stargaze.
This tour includes a cultural visit to sites in San Pedro de Atacama and tours of the amazing landscapes of the desert.
5-day itineraries also available
5-day HIKING itineraries also available - 3-star accommodation / $1795 / per person (2016 pricing)
Itinerary in Brief
- DAY 1: Arrive in San Pedro de Atacama
- DAY 2: Tour of San Pedro de Atacama and the historical sights
- DAY 3: Excursion to Toconao then to the Flamingo National Reservation
- DAY 4: Visit the Tatio Geysers and some local villages then departure
- Visit the driest desert in the world
- Cultural tour of San Pedro de Atacama
- Valle de la Luna (Valley of the Moon)
- The Atacama salt flat with its flamingos
- Tatio Geysers
LOCATIONS: Atacama Desert