Discover rainforests, wildlife, and excitement on our fun 8-day Family Costa Rica adventure! This affordable trip helps you comfortably experience Costa Rica's most celebrated natural treasures whenever the timing of a trip is best for you and your family.
Wildlife enthusiasts will be delighted at the chance to explore Tortuguero National Park, one of the most important nesting sites for the green sea turtle and home to some of Costa Rica's best wildlife.
Your adventure continues with an easy but thrilling rafting trip on the clear waters of the Sarapiqui River. After some fun time on the water, we head to magisterial Arenal Volcano, a must-see in any Costa Rica itinerary.
The trip features professional bilingual local guides that specialize in their respective activities, great outdoor excursions, comfortable mid-range hotels and lodges, all transportation (including private airport transfers) plus a wonderfully diverse range of habitats.
While this soft-adventure itinerary is ideal for families, it's also a wonderful trip for groups of friends, solo travelers plus couples who want to explore nature while enjoying soft-adventure activities. This trip can be customized. If any of the activities featured seem more challenging than you'd prefer, we can recommend alternatives.
It is easy to add a 2, 3 or 4 nights on the beach. Playa Manuel Antonio is within easy reach of Arenal and San Jose.
The minimum age for this trip is 4. For the youngest kids, we substitute a neat Class I Rio Pena Blancas safari float for the rafting.
*** Special Child Discount (4-9 years old): $225/child discount (maximum of 2 kids, sharing with 2 adults)
Itinerary in Brief
- DAY 1: Arrive San Jose
- DAY 2: Drive to east coast, boat ride to Tortuguero, afternoon free to explore
- DAY 3: Morning boat tour in Tortuguero National Park
- DAY 4: Boat ride and drive to Sarapiqui / La Tirimbina Reserve
- DAY 5: Half-day Sarapiqui River Rafting, afternoon drive to Arenal
- DAY 6: Zipline! Plus Hot Springs and dinner in the evening
- DAY 7: Free time, for optional hike or canyoning, afternoon transfer to San Jose (or a beach)
- DAY 8: Depart San Jose
- Tortuguero National Park (sea turtles and wildlife)
- White water rafting on the Sarapiqui River
- Arenal Volcano
- Costa Rica's best zipline!
LOCATIONS: Costa Rica