A program directed specifically to mountain lovers. This trip is also relatively demanding physically.
The treks and the ascents are linked to assure a perfect acclimatization to the altitude and to increase your physical resistance.
You will pass almost 14 days at high altitude and will climb 7 of the most famous Ecuadorian volcanoes: Fuya-Fuya, Culbiche, Imbabura, Pasochoa, Illinizas, Cotopaxi and Chimborazo.
The itinerary also includes several days of rest and recovery that will allow you to discover 4 of the most famous tourist attractions in Ecuador: the old colonial city of Quito, the equator, the famous Indian market of Otavalo and the charming thermal city of Baños.
Itinerary in Brief
- DAY 1: Quito city - Otavalo (2,700 m / 8,860 ft)
- DAY 2: Cuicocha Lake (3,400 m / 11,155 ft)
- DAY 3: Fuya-Fuya summit (4,294 m / 14,087 ft) > La Esperanza
- DAY 4: Culbiche Summit (12,552 ft / 3,826 m)
- DAY 5: Imbabura Summit (15,190 ft / 4,630 m)
- DAY 6: Quito, cable railway > Rucu Pichincha > El Chaupi
- DAY 7: Illinizas Norte (16,785 ft / 5,116 m)
- DAY 8: Cotopaxi High Camp (15,682 ft / 4,780 m)
- DAY 9: Cotopaxi Summit (19,347 ft / 5,897 m)
- DAY 10: Rest Day in Baños (5,740 ft / 1,750 m)
- DAY 11: Baños - Chimborazo Refuge (16,404 ft / 5,000 m)
- DAY 12: Chimborazo (20,700 ft / 6,310 m) - Riobamba
- DAY 13: Extra Summit day for Chimborazo or Riobamba Area
- DAY 14: Quito
- Fuya-Fuya 4294 m
- North Illinizas 5116 m
- Cotopaxi 5897 m
- Chimborazo 6310 m
LOCATIONS: Fuya-Fuya, Culbiche, Imbabura, Pasochoa, Illinizas, Cotopaxi et Chimborazo
ACTIVITIES: Mountain Trekking