The Tour of the Mont Blanc is the most popular trek in Europe and is considered one of the most beautiful and spectacular tours in the world. This 105 mile (170 km) trek goes over the Swiss, French, and Italian Alps, crossing 10 mountains passes, and admiring 40 glaciers. This 6-day trek shortens the distances with several transfers by car and by cutting out some sections that you can hike on your own near Chamonix.
Enjoy the spectacle offered by the Mont Blanc massif, the highest mountain chain in Western Europe, and be enchanted with its 400 mountaintops. 8 days surrounded by idyllic landscapes, charming people, mountain huts with superb views, and the gastronomy of three different countries.
We work with established local guides in Chamonix to provide the best value and quality of guiding possible. Your guide will be a licensed French trekking guide (known as an “accompagnateur de montagne” or mountain leader) from the Chamonix area and your group will be a combination of hikers of different nationalities.
2013 dates: Weekly departures from June through mid-September (Note: departures only guaranteed with 6 participants)
- Typically most departures are guaranteed, but some no sooner than 8 to 6 weeks prior to the start date.
- 2013 Departures: June 8, June 15, June 22, June 29, July 6, July 13, July 20, July 27, August 3, August 10, August 17, August 24, August 31, September 7 & September 14 (Guaranteed Departures in BOLD)
Longer 9 and 12-day departures are also available.
9-day "classic" itinerary with more mountain huts: This classic itinerary has no van support and covers the main highlights of the circuit. Hikers should be very fit and ready to carry all of their belongings during the trek in a pack of about 18 to 20 lbs. Price is the same as the 8-day van supported trek.
2013 dates: June 15-23, July 6-14, and August 10-18
Itinerary in Brief
- DAY 1: Arrival in the Chamonix Valley
- DAY 2: Hike to the Val Montjoie
- DAY 3: Hike in the Beaufortin
- DAY 4: Hike to the Val Veny
- DAY 5: Hike in the Swiss Val Ferret to the Arpette valley
- DAY 6: Trient Valley
- DAY 7: Hike to the Chamonix Valley
- DAY 8: Departure
- This trek goes over the Swiss, French, and Italian Alps
- It crosses several mountains passes
- You'll see 40 glaciers
LOCATIONS: France, Italy and Switzerland
ACTIVITIES: Mountain Trekking