Not everyone has unlimited time for travel in Southeast Asia so we're introducing the exciting new 12-day "Best of Thailand" adventure that conveniently fits into any 2-week vacation period. Trek to traditional villages in the northern mountains, see local markets, sample street foods with your guides, climb ancient temple steps, hear the monks chant, relax on fine sand beaches and much more! We want you to see a magical Thailand that the large bus tours miss and allow you a true insider's glimpse at real life here.
This trip is very flexible. You can start it any day of the year, making it a perfect choice for busy professionals seeking a meaningful, active trip full of Thailand's classic culture, lush scenery, vibrant cosmopolitan cities, and beautiful beaches. While solo travelers are encouraged to contact us for special pricing, with 2 or more people, the prices (listed under "pricing") are much better. If time allows, add days in Thailand or extensions to Cambodia, Laos, and more. Let us know what you need and we can get a full quote together for you to consider!
On the Best of Thailand, you'll stay in quality, atmospheric hotels. We arrange all your touring and your ground transportation including your airport transfers (plus we can assist with your international and internal flights on request). We believe that exploring the best of Thailand with knowledgeable guides will truly maximize your time and experience. Thailand has so much to offer and we hope you'll discover it with us!
This trip features a supported but rugged 3-night trek where all you carry is water and your own day pack. It's great for adventurous travelers. But if trekking is not of interest, no problem! We can easily adapt this itinerary to avoid the hike.
Trips fees listed are valid throughout the year however special holiday period surcharges are in effect December 21-January 8.
If traveling the region solo, please contact us for single prices.
Itinerary in Brief
- DAY 1: Arrive in Bangkok
- DAY 2: Discover Bangkok on a full-day private tour!
- DAY 3: Free day in Bangkok / Overnight train to Chiang Mai
- DAY 4: Discover Chiang Mai!
- DAY 5: Chiang Dao in Depth
- DAY 6: Trek Karen Village – Palong Village
- DAY 7: Trek through lush Palong country
- DAY 8: Finish Trek / Return to Chiang Mai
- DAY 9: Fly to Koh Samui
- DAY 10: Free day on the beach
- DAY 11: Free day on the beach
- DAY 12: Fly back to Bangkok / Depart Thailand
- Visit real Karen villages through trekking and homestays
- Discover the best of Bangkok
- Experience happening Chiang Mai
- Explore classic Thai beaches