For trekking, rugged mountains, Hanoi and Halong Bay, travelers will want to visit North Vietnam, but for travelers seeking a quieter, personal look deep into the traditional river cultures of SE Asia and specifically Vietnam, plus some quality beach time in a beautiful beach area, South Vietnam beckons.
On this special trip, we explore in-depth the deep traditional ways of life in the south, enjoying countless encounters with gentle genuine people living on the land and rivers, the lifeblood of the region.
As a stark and colorful contrast, we also tour bustling Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City), the gateway for this trip. Saigon is a fascinating mix of Chinese and Vietnamese cultures, and is the undisputed economic hub for the country.
We wrap up the tour with relaxing days on the beach island of Phu Quoc. You're welcome to add days here if you'd like more beach time.
One easy way to extend your trip is to visit regal Angkor Wat, situated near Siem Reap, Cambodia, just over the border and a quick flight from Saigon, on a quick 3 night extension.
** The best time of year for this trip is November through May, the dry season and the time we see the calmest seas.
Itinerary in Brief
- DAY 1: Ho Chi Minh City Arrival
- DAY 2: Explore Ho Chi Minh City
- DAY 3: Travel Ho Chi Minh City – Ben Tre – Cho Lach
- DAY 4: Culture and countryside of South Vietnam
- DAY 5: Nga Nam Floating Market and Pagodas / Can Tho
- DAY 6: Delta explorations / Speedboat transfer across the sea to Phu Quoc
- DAY 7: Free day on the beach
- DAY 8: Free day on the beach
- DAY 9: Transfer to airport / Depart
- See bright bustling Saigon
- Explore the atmospheric Mekong Delta and meet wonderful locals all along the way
- Beach time on a beautiful island!
LOCATIONS: South Vietnam