This is a semi-independent tour to some of the best areas of South Africa, including
- Cape Town
- The "Whale Route"
- Wine country
- Safari in Sabi Sands in the Kruger area
Robin Paschall, the owner of Adventures Within Reach, will host this magnificent trip.
This trip has a general itinerary to follow, but many of the daily activities are flexible -- join the group or do your own thing. We have picked accommodations, but these can be upgraded or downgraded as well.
There is something for everyone, so it is great for individuals, couples, and families.
This itinerary can still be customized to accommodate different budgets and travel dates. Just contact us for assistance!
Itinerary in Brief
- DAY 1: SUN, NOV 11: Arrive Cape Town Airport, transfer to hotel
- DAY 2: MON, NOV 12: Free Day in Cape Town (options: Table Mountain, city tour on double decker bus, Castle of Good Hope, night tour)
- DAY 3: TUE, NOV 13: Free Day in Cape Town (options: Robben Island, V&A Waterfront, Two Oceans Aquarium, Diamond Museum, Scratch Patch, canal tour)
- DAY 4: WED, NOV 14: Full day Cape Peninsula Tour (options: Gold Restaurant for dinner)
- DAY 5: THU, NOV 15: Free Day in Cape Town (options: museums, District Six Museum, Langa Township tour, shopping, Greenmarket Square, surfing at the beach, sunset cruise, farmer's market at St. George's Mall, Bo-Kaap for dinner)
- DAY 6: FRI, NOV 16: Drive to Hermanus, afternoon free (options: whale watching or relaxing on the beach)
- DAY 7: SAT, NOV 17: Free day in Hermanus (options: local markets, whale watching boat)
- DAY 8: SUN, NOV 18: Free morning in Hermanus (options: shark cage diving), drive to Stellenbosch via Hemel-en-Aarde valley wineries and Cheetah Outreach Project
- DAY 9: MON, NOV 19: Free day in Stellenbosch (options: eagle encounter, spa treatments, and wine tasting)
- DAY 10: TUE, NOV 20: Transfer to Cape Town Airport, fly to Kruger area (Hoedspruit), transfer to safari camp
- DAY 11: WED, NOV 21: Safari activities at Honeyguide
- DAY 12: THU, NOV 22: Safari activities at Honeyguide
- DAY 13: FRI, NOV 23: Transfer to Mala Mala, afternoon safari activities
- DAY 14: SAT, NOV 24: Safari activities at Mala Mala
- DAY 15: SUN, NOV 25: Transfer to airport (MQP), fly to Johannesburg, transfer to hotel, optional visit to Apartheid Museum
- DAY 16: MON, NOV 26: Free day (options: bike tour of Soweto), transfer to Johannesburg Airport, depart
- Cape Town (with opportunities to visit Robben Island, Table Mountain, V&A Waterfront)
- Cape Peninsula Tour
- Whale watching in Hermanus
- Shark cage diving
- Wine tasting in Stellenbosch
- Safari in two magnificent areas in the Kruger area
- Apartheid Museum in Johannesburg
LOCATIONS: Cape Town, Hermanus, Kruger, Johannesburg