Spectacular Victoria Falls, or Mosi-oa-Tunya (the "smoke that thunders"),is the planet's largest waterfall based on width and height: its dimensions are one mile wide (1.7 km) and 360 feet high (108 meters). The falls, created from the cooling waters of the Zambezi River, can be accessed from either side, whether from the town of Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe or Livingstone, Zambia, both which have an international airport.
Both sides feature national parks protecting the falls plus allowing for easy access to the unforgettable sights and sounds of the flow. Trails and footbridges crisscross the uppermost cliffs, opening up into balconies overlooking the water from various vantage points. Several other unique ways to see the falls include microlites and helicopter flights. Microlites are essentially hang gliders with an engine and space for 2 passengers: you and your pilot. It's an exhilarating way to flyover this monument of water.
While both sides offer splendid views of the water, if time permits, you may want to cross the bridge by purchasing a special "day-pass" visa from the other nation to take a look and make up your own mind as to which side has the best view. US cash and a passport are essentials to allow a crossing to the other side.
Vic Falls is a great place to visit year-round. In the "rainy" season, approx. November - March, you can witness greater, thunderous flows however the dry season allows you to see more the scenic craggy islands and the base of the falls.
- We can operate this trip any day of the year.
- Prices are based on a minimum of two or more travelers in a group however if you are solo traveler, we can still help - just contact us for details.
- Pick your preferred accommodation based on your travel style.
Itinerary in Brief
- DAY 1: Arrive & transfer
- DAY 2: Tour the Falls
- DAY 3: Pick up at your hotel or camp and depart
- See & hear one of the world's most amazing waterfalls
- Lots of activity options on offer from Class 5 rafting to sightseeing African craft markets
- An essential bookend to any southern Africa trip
LOCATIONS: Livingstone, Zambia or Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe