Working in close cooperation with our partners in Southern Africa, we are now able to offer our travelers distinctive Botswana fly-in safaris at an unparalleled price. This program offers camp and internal flight discounts over 50% off!
This safari offer is only valid November 1, 2014 - March 31, 2015 excluding holidays (December 20-January 10).
In Botswana, a safari is all about the total experience, from heart-pounding cat and elephant encounters to the profoundly peaceful experience of mokoring through the pristine Okavango Delta. Fantastic views afforded by the light air transfers flying low over the bush, secluded luxury camps, fantastic dining and outstanding guides round out your safari of a lifetime!
You can add other countries for a longer, grander itinerary, including South Africa, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe, just let us know. The online itinerary can also be extended, to include more time in the Delta or a visit to fabulous Kalahari Plains Camp, or also reversed, to start in Maun and end in Livingstone.
There is no single supplement on lodging (although a light air flying supplement & single road transfer charges Kasane-Livingstone may apply) and children ages 6-16 receive 50% off when sharing accommodations with adults at camps with larger, family accommodations.
This special occurs over the famed Green Season in Botswana. In December, the rains have begun and grasses flourish and along with it, the birthing season for many of the area's ungulates: this is a prime time for photography and observation of baby animals. January through March is the height of summer in the region, and with it, we get intermittent rains and hot days. In April, the rainy season is through and we start to see the onset of the dry season while the green of December-March starts to fade into the classic khaki landscape of the Kalahari.
While we have suggested camps in the itinerary, here is a complete list of regional camps available with this special, subject to availability.
For travelers wanting elite lodging, we'd recommend upgrading to King's Pool in northern Botswana and Vumbura South in the Delta. To upgrade 3 nights at either location would cost only an extra $400/person - this is a great deal! We're happy to send more details on these special safari camps to anyone interested.
Camps included in this program
- Toka Leya
- Kings Pool Camp (Premier camp at additional cost)
- Vumbura South Camp (Premier camp at additional cost)
- Tubu Tree
- Little Tubu
- Chitabe Camp
- Kwetsani Camp
- Jao Camp (Premier Camp for additional cost)
- Abu Camp (Premier Camp for additional cost)
- Banoka Bush
- Jacana Camp
- Xigera Camp
Zimbabwe (Hwange Region, near Victoria Falls):
- Little Makalolo Camp
Itinerary in Brief
- DAY 1: Arrive Livingstone, Zambia
- DAY 2: Visit the magnificent Victoria Falls
- DAY 3: Transfer to northern Botswana
- DAY 4: Big game observation in northern Botswana
- DAY 5: Wildlife Viewing
- DAY 6: Fly by light air to your Delta Camp
- DAY 7: Explore the Delta
- DAY 8: Explore the Delta
- DAY 9: Depart Botswana via Maun
- The thrill of light air transfers between secluded luxury camps
- Close-up wildlife viewing in pristine protected habitats in custom open vehicles, by boat, and on foot
- Sublime comfort in a exclusive remote wildlife areas
- Flexible - you pick the best date to start for you (availability allowing)
- No single supplement at the lodges for solo travelers!
LOCATIONS: Botswana and Livingstone, Zambia