The special safari features four days of walking with a private Masaii guide in and out of traditional villages and across this spectacular landscape plus several days of fantastic wildlife viewing. Four days of trekking with Maasai guides in and out native villages and campsites. It includes the hiking an active volcano, Ngorongoro Crater and a tour of Lake Natron. This trek is very remote and all drinking water must be carried in.
Special Note: The listed rates under "Pricing" are for basic camping, however please contact us for custom quotes based on potential lodging upgrades, which are available in and around the major parks such as the Ngorongoro Crater and Lake Natron.
Itinerary in Brief
- DAY 1: Depart Moshi or Arusha to Ngorongoro Crater via Tarangire or Manyara
- DAY 2: Ngorongoro Crater Game Drive
- DAY 3: Drive to Nainokanoka / Trek to Bulati
- DAY 4: Trek to the Empakaai Crater Rim
- DAY 5: Empakaai Crater Hike / Trek to Nayobi village
- DAY 6: Finish Trek / Drive to Surreal Lake Natron
- DAY 7: Return to Arusha / Moshi / Kilimanjaro Airport
- Experience Maasai culture
- Spectacular views
- Abundant wildlife
LOCATIONS: Ngorongoro Crater, Lake Natron, Ol Doinyo Lengai
ACTIVITIES: Easy Hiking