AWR announces a new route on Kilimanjaro — 6-Day Rongai Trek (Alternate Route). Our 6-day “alternative” Rongai trek includes a night at super scenic Mawenzi Tarn Hut camp. Soak up the rugged mountain views while camping in the shadow of one of Kilimanjaro’s tallest sub-peaks, Mawenzi.
Starting at $1845/person!
This trip is a hybrid version of our “easiest” trek (the 7-day Rongai) and our standard 6-day Rongai, which also has one of the highest success rates possible. If you are looking for a slightly more challenging hiking experience than the standard Rongai trek, yet something still “easier” than a 6-day Machame, then this is an excellent choice! On a standard 6-day Machame, you have 2 long days of hiking; on this trek, you have just one, on Day 2.
- DAY 1: Drive to the trailhead, hike to Simba Camp
- DAY 2: Hike Simba Camp to Kikelewa Camp
- DAY 3: Hike Kikelewa Camp to Mawenzi Tarn
- DAY 4: Hike Mawenzi Tarn to Kibo Hut
- DAY 5: Kibo Camp to Summit and descent to Horombo Hut
- DAY 6: Final descent, transfer to Moshi
- 2-3 People: $2145/person
- 4-6 People: $1995/person
- 7+ People: $1845/person
- Save $150/person when you book a Kilimanjaro Trek and Safari in 2016!
- Low Season: Discount $50/person in April, May, and November