We have put together some of our favorite training materials that will help get you in shape, maintain fitness, and reach potential fitness goals — even at home. Whether you are training for a serious trek or gentle walking, here are some at-home workouts for you to enjoy.
1) Fit For Trips — Customized Workout Programs
Fit For Trips, in collaboration with Adventures Within Reach, has developed fitness programs specific to your itinerary to ensure that you have the adventure of a lifetime. A Fit For Trips program will be customized specifically for you to make the most of the activities in your itinerary.
- Select from 4-, 8-, or 12-week training programs
- Choose home-based or gym-based training
- Choose the resistance program that fits your level of experience
- Instruction by audio, video, and personal support
- Customization available for at-home quarantine, injuries, etc.
- Example Workout: Hiking Training Plan Leg Workout Made Simple: 3 Step Workout Plan
Get started today and be fit for your trip! For more information, and to receive a special 25% discount, go to Fit For Trips.
2) Online Video Workouts
Our South America and Spain program director, Gretchen, is a mountaineer and rock climber and shares her favorite free online workout videos here:
- 35 Min Full Body Workout | No Equipment Bodyweight
- 32 Min Full Body Workout No Equipment | Toning & Calorie Burning
- 23 Minute Ab Workout | Rock Hard Abs Workout
3) Work Out Apps — Staff Selected
- Sweat (Gretchen says, “I was hesitant about this one because you have to pay a monthly fee, but I have used it now to keep in shape for mountaineering over the winter months for the past two years and it never lets me down. The work outs change every week and you have a wide selection of types of work outs and challenges as well. I have been using this during quarantine and it has been awesome!”)
- Strava (Free or paid membership- track your runs, ski trips and bike rides and meet others through the app’s community)
Thanks again AWR travelers for staying positive and please feel free to share your personal favorite at-home work outs with us so we can share those with other travelers!
-Your friendly AWR team