- Goal for this week: Do everything a little bit better
DAY 1 — Swimming
I have been doing laps in 1 minute 10 seconds, so today I tried cutting that down to 1 minute flat. The triathlon is only 6 laps, so I did that exact length first trying to finish in 6 minutes. Didn’t quite work…. The first lap was exactly 1 minute, but then I slowed down and couldn’t repeat that pace 🙁 6 laps in 7 minutes and then another 10 laps at my own pace.
- Activity: Swimming
- Time: 20 minutes
- Distance: 16 x 25m laps
- Notes: Crowded today!
DAY 3 — Hiked Mt. Sanitas
I have been doing Sanitas in 1 hour and 3 minutes, so today my goal was to shave off those 3 pesky minutes. Instead I shaved off 1 whole minute….
- Activity: Hiking
- Time: 1 hour 2 minutes
- Distance: 2.2 miles
- Notes: A guy passed me on the way up, but then I passed him on the way down.
DAY 5 — Road run
Instead of running my usual running loop from my house FASTER, I decided I would go LONGER.
- Activity: Running
- Time: 52minutes
- Distance: 4.6 miles
- Notes: I thought this loop was a full 5 miles 🙁
DAY 7 — Practice Triathlon
The triathlon I am signed up for is 6 x 25 meter laps plus 11 miles biking plus 2 miles running. I did it all today including transitions, but I actually biked 15 miles.
- Activity: Swimming, Road Biking, Running
- Time: 1 1/2 hours
- Distance: 6 laps swimming + 15 miles biking + 2 miles running
- Notes: The transition from biking to running is very difficult!