On this trip you'll discover the wilderness of the Peninsula Valdes on the Atlantic coast of northern Patagonia.
Depending on the time of year you visit you'll have the chance to see southern right whales and orcas. You can also see elephant seals, sea lions and penguins.
Stay at the Estancia La Erenestina in Punta Norte, with optional excursions from the ranch; or del Nomade Eco Hotel in Puerto Piramides where you can explore on your own or go on optional excursions including sea kayaking.
We recommend adding a night in Puerto Madryn before departure.
Best time to go:
September - November
March - April NOTE: lodging at La Ernestina fills up early for these months so we advise booking anywhere from 6 - 12 months in advance. During orca season you may spend 8 to 10 hours per day waiting to catch a glimpse of an orca strikes from one of the few locations where they approach the shore.
Itinerary in Brief
- DAY 1: Transfer to Puerto Piramides or Punta Norte
- DAY 2: Full day at Punta Norte or Puerto Piramides
- DAY 3: Full day at Punta Norte or Puerto Piramides
- DAY 4: Transfer to Puerto Madryn or Trelew Airport
- Wildlife Viewing
- Nature Walks
- Overnights on an active sheep ranch (Punta Norte)
LOCATIONS: Peninsula Valdés, Argentina