Peninsula Valdés is located in Chubut province on the Patagonian coast. The Valdés landscape unfolds itself towards the Southern Atlantic Ocean forming almost an island.
Declared as a World Natural Heritage by UNESCO, it is home to an extensive variety of wildlife. Its biggest attraction is the Southern Right Whale that migrates here yearly for breeding and calving.
This trip is a wilderness adventure for recreational sea kayakers: The itinerary features days on pristine waters and nights under the Southern Cross. As we paddle, huge mammals rise out in the Gulf of San Jose and playful seals bark and slide into the water. Whether focusing the day on bird watching, visiting archeological sites along the coast, enjoying spectacular sunsets or listening to the sounds of the Southern Right Whale, kayaking at Peninsula Valdés is all about fun and adventure.
2016 Dates: Sept 7th - Sept 13th/ Sept 21st - Sept 27th/ Oct 26th - Nov 1st/ Nov 16th - Nov 22nd 2016
2017 Dates: Sept 6th - 12nd / Sept 20th - 26th / Oct 25th - Oct 31st / Nov 15th - 21st
10 and 3-day trips also available.
- 10-day trips (2016): Contact us for dates- $3000 per person
- 3-day trips: Contact us for dates - $980 per person
Groups guaranteed with 2 participants!
Itinerary in Brief
- DAY 1: Arrival and whale watching
- DAY 2: Sea Kayaking
- DAY 3: Sea Kayaking and hiking
- DAY 4: Sea Kayaking and hiking
- DAY 5: Sea kayaking
- DAY 6: Sea kayaking
- DAY 7: Land tour and departure
- 5 days of kayaking
- Daily hikes
- Marine and land bird watching
- Daily marine wildlife viewing especially Southern Right whales and sea lions
- Magellan penguins and Southern Elephant Seals
- Expert English speaking naturalist guides
LOCATIONS: Peninsula Valdés, Argentina