This fun and affordable trip features two of Costa Rica's top adventure and scenic highlights: The Pacuare River & the Arenal Volcano.
The Pacuare River is considered one of the premier rafting experiences in the tropical world. You will explore the intimate nature of the rainforest from the unique perspective of a raft. The warm water, cascading waterfalls, and lush rainforest with its brilliantly colored plants, animals, and birds make the rafting a treat for your senses. Add in the exciting Class III-IV whitewater rapids and this tropical adventure will be packed with experiences that will last long after you've returned home. After your jungle river adventure, you'll move onwards to Costa Rica's most iconic adventure destination, Arenal Volcano. While no longer active, it remains a majestic sight and it's a hub for some of the world's best adrenaline outdoor pursuits.
This multi-sport itinerary is ideal for the active traveler who is in reasonable good physical condition. Although none of the activities require an intense effort or are extremely strenuous, it is important the you do not have any severe physical restrictions.
For families, bear in mind that the normal minimum age on this tour is 14-years of age (though 12 and 13 year-olds may be accepted depending on height and weight).
*** Some previous rafting experience is recommended.
*** Rates listed are valid throughout the year except over Christmas, New Year & Easter weeks (contact us for the higher priced holiday pricing).
Itinerary in Brief
- DAY 1: Arrive San Jose
- DAY 2: Pacuare River rafting
- DAY 3: Full day exploring the Pacuare River jungle and river
- DAY 4: Finish rafting and head to Arenal Volcano
- DAY 5: Sky Trek zip line & afternoon at leisure
- DAY 6: Morning at leisure with afternoon hike & hot springs
- DAY 7: Depart Costa Rica or extend to the beach
- Departures every day of the year (availability permitting)
- Features Costa Rica's best adventures including whitewater rafting, zip lines, rainforest swimming, and hikes.
- Comfortable lodging - no roughing it!
LOCATIONS: Costa Rica