Our 9-day Costa Rica Hiking Adventure includes three distinct and compelling ecosystems: scenic Arenal Volcano, mystic Monteverde, and beautiful Manuel Antonio on the central Pacific coast. This flexible adventure is designed for travelers who want to get out of a car and into nature while enjoying stays in comfortable hotels. While not too physically demanding, this trip is all about active nature exploration in the heart of Costa Rica's most vibrant and readily accessible ecosystems with knowledgeable local resident guides.
You can start this trip any day of the year. While the best time of year for hiking is generally November through April, the rainy season has its own charms so if other times of year are better, don't hesitate to go.
Itinerary in Brief
- DAY 1: Arrive San Jose, Costa Rica
- DAY 2: Transfer to Arenal Volcano
- DAY 3: Cerro Chato hike
- DAY 4: Arenal hiking
- DAY 5: Scenic Lake Crossing to Monteverde
- DAY 6: Monteverde Hike
- DAY 7: Transfer to Manuel Antonio on the Central Pacific Coast
- DAY 8: Manuel Antonio hike
- DAY 9: Transfer to San Jose Airport
- Hike in the central mid-elevation Atlantic ecosystem
- Hike in Monteverde's cloud forest
- Hike in the lowland Pacific coastal rainforest around Manuel Antonio
- Scenic lake crossing by boat to Monteverde
- Comfortable hotels that truly add to your trip!
LOCATIONS: Costa Rica