The information above is for informational purposes only. All travelers should check to see if entry requirements and fees have changed.
Who needs a Visa?
Everyone needs a visa for Nepal except:
- Indian nationals do not need visa.
- Citizens of Pakistan, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Srilanka, and Maldives get a 30 day free visa.
The Nepal visa can be purchased in advance or upon arrival at the airport or border crossing. You will need a valid passport and 2 passport-size photographs.
- $25 for 15 days multiple entry
- $40 for 30 days multiple entry
- $100 for 90 days multiple entry
- $5 for 1-day transit visa (airline ticket as proof)
In order to avoid long queues and unnecessary problems upon arrival in Kathmandu, kindly submit a complete Online Visa Application form to the Immigration Authority of Nepal in your first attempt. To do that, here are few things you need to prepare:
- Please keep your valid passport at hand.
- Ready a recent digital photograph (size: 1.5” x 1.5”) in your removable device to upload your photograph for the application.
- Gather beforehand
- a detailed permanent residence address
- detailed address in Nepal
- You need to provide telephone numbers—land-line and mobile.
- You need to provide your email address too.
- The submitted application will remain in the system for 15 days. After 15 days, the application will be deleted automatically from the system.
- Once the application is successfully submitted, a receipt will be sent to your email immediately.
- Print the receipt and keep it with you as you need to produce it before the Immigration Authority.
- For your convenience, the deadline to contact the Immigration Authority will be mentioned in the receipt.
- The receipt also mentions about the documents you need to produce before the Immigration Authority.
- Please contact the Immigration Authority within 15 days after the submission of application.
- For example, if you submit your extension application today, and your visa is expiring the next day, on the third day if you visit the Department of Immigration, you will have to pay late fee of that day. In order to prevent this sort of hassle, please submit your extension application on time and get your visa renewed before crossing the expiry date.
- When you contact the Immigration Authority, please make sure you have the receipt and proper documents with you including the necessary fee.
- No on arrival visa for country list - AFG,IRQ,CMR,GHA,SOM,SWZ,PSE,ZWE,NGA,ETH,LBR
- Your passport must be valid 3 months beyond intended stay.
- You must have tickets and documents for return or onward travel.
- We recommend at least 2 blank pages in your passport per country visited.