This trip includes 13 days of trekking in Nepal on the Everest Base Camp route along with 4 nights in Kathmandu.
The trek begins with an "eye opening" flight to Lukla, situated at 9,184ft. The trek passes through the picturesque Sherpa village of Namche Bazaar culminating in the "ascent" of Kala Patthar - 18,187ft - from where classic views of Everest and its surrounding peaks are available. Most of the trek is spent above altitudes of 3000 meters. Although this is a short trek, by Nepal standards, there will be plenty of time to enjoy the culture of the Sherpas, visit ancient monasteries and learn how Lamaistic Buddhism influences Sherpa life. We shall stop at any of the numerous teahouses, sip a glass of sweetened tea or Chang (millet beer) and get a taste of hospitality unique to the Sherpas. Beautiful, multi-hued prayer flags, prayer wheels and intricately carved mani stones line every hilltop, rock wall, and trail-side, singing prayers to the gods with every breeze and every passing traveler.
This trek can done in a private group, or you can join one of our group departures.
*** CONFIRMED GROUP OCTOBER 6-22, 2017 ***
We have a confirmed group October 6-22, 2017. Contact us if you are interested!
2017 Group Departures
- April 21- May 7
- Apr 30 - May 16
- May 5 - May 21
- Sep 8 - Sep 24
- Sep 22 - Oct 8
- Oct 6 - Oct 22
- Oct 20 - Nov 5
- Nov 3 - Nov 19
* Note that group departures require a minimum of 2 or more travelers to operate, with a max group size of 12.
Itinerary in Brief
- DAY 1: Arrive in Kathmandu
- DAY 2: Kathmandu City Tour
- DAY 3: Kathmandu to Lukla (9380 feet/ 2860 meters), Trek to Monjo (9315 feet/ 2840 meters)
- DAY 4: Trek to Namche Bazaar (11,280 feet / 3440 meters)
- DAY 5: Acclimatization Day in Namche
- DAY 6: Trek to Tengboche (12,664 feet/ 3860 meters)
- DAY 7: Trek to Dingboche (14,465 feet/ 4410 meters)
- DAY 8: Acclimatization Trek to Chukhung (15,518 ft) or Chukhung Ri (18,196 feet) & Return to Dingboche
- DAY 9: Trek to Lobuche (16,109 ft/ 4910 meters)
- DAY 10: Trek to Gorak Shep (16,863 feet/ 5140 meters)/ Climb to Kala Patthar (18,187 feet)
- DAY 11: Trek to Kala Patthar or Everest Base Camp (17,590 feet/ 5267 meters) and then to Pheriche (13,907ft)
- DAY 12: Trek to Tengboche
- DAY 13: Trek to Jorsale or Monjo
- DAY 14: Trek to Lukla (9,184ft)
- DAY 15: Lukla to Kathmandu
- DAY 16: Rest or Explore Kathmandu
- DAY 17: Departure
- The classic Everest Base Camp trek
- Kala Patar day hike
- Local villages and monasteries
LOCATIONS: Kathmandu, Everest Base Camp
ACTIVITIES: Mountain Trekking