This 17-day itinerary includes 13 days of trekking and 4 days in Kathmandu.
After a cultural tour of Kathmandu, you will fly to Lukla and gaze upon the eternal snows of the Himalaya. The trek passes through the picturesque Sherpa village of Namche Bazaar and then continue through an enchanting landscape on your journey to Everest Base Camp. There will be plenty of time to enjoy the culture of the Sherpas and visit ancient monasteries as you admire the landscape and mountains.
After your trek you will have time to discover Kathmandu and Nepalese culture.
All the lodges on the trek are the nicest available - 6 nights in Everest Summit Lodges and 6 nights in local lodges.
On the luxury EBC trek, the lower altitude accommodations are mid-range to luxury, while up at high altitude, the accommodations are considered "standard" for high altitude regions in Nepal but Westerners would consider them closer to "budget." The lodges in Dingboche and Pheriche have private toilet facilities but that cannot always be guaranteed since booking in advance does not work well here in this remote area. Lobuche and Gorak Shep lodges have shared (Western) toilet facilities only. In all the high altitude areas, hot showers cost extra, around $3 to $8, with the prices going higher as you get higher.
For the ultimate in luxury, stay at the Dwarika's Hotel or Hyatt in Kathmandu. For "luxury within reach," you can stay at the 3-start Hotel Tibet in Kathmandu.
Itinerary in Brief
- DAY 1: Arrive in Kathmandu
- DAY 2: Sightseeing in Kathmandu
- DAY 3: Fly to Lukla (2800 meters / 9100 ft) and trek to Monjo (2835 meters / 9315 ft)
- DAY 4: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440 meters / 11215 ft)
- DAY 5: Trek to Tashinga (3450 meters / 11800 ft)
- DAY 6: Trek to Pangboche (3930 meters / 13125 ft)
- DAY 7: Trek to Dingboche (4410 meters / 14470 ft)
- DAY 8: Acclimatize in Dingboche
- DAY 9: Trek to Lobuche (4910 meters / 16175 ft)
- DAY 10: Trek to Everest Base Camp then back to Gorak Shep (5140 meters / 16960 ft)
- DAY 11: Trek to Kala Patthar and descend to Pheriche (4240 meters / 13920 ft)
- DAY 12: Trek to Tashinga (3450 meters / 11800 ft)
- DAY 13: Trek to Monjo (2835 meters / 9315 ft)
- DAY 14: Trek to Lukla (2800 meters / 9100 ft)
- DAY 15: Fly to Kathmandu
- DAY 16: Free day in Kathmandu
- DAY 17: Departure
- Everest Base Camp
- Kala Patar
- Monastery and villages in the Khumbu Valley
- Cultural tours of Kathmandu
- The best lodges on your trek
LOCATIONS: Everest Base Camp
ACTIVITIES: Mountain Trekking