A Tshechu is a religious festival celebrating Buddhism in Bhutan. The festivals take several days and include numerous dances, singing, and music. The performers wear brilliant costumes, and local people dress in their finest clothes and jewelry.
Most popular Festivals for 2019:
- Punakha Drubchen: February 11-13, 2019
- Punakha Tshechu: February 14-17, 2019
- Paro Tshechu: March 17-21, 2019
- Thimphu Tshechu: October 7-9, 2019
- Gangtey Tshechu: October 10-13, 2019
- Jambay Lhakhang Drup – Bhumthang (central Bhutan): November 13-16, 2019