A Tshechu is a religious festival celebrating Buddhism in Bhutan. The festivals take several days and include numerous dances, singing, and music. The performers wear brilliant costumes, and local people dress in their finest clothes and jewelry.
Most popular Festivals for 2023:
- Punakha Drubchen: February 24-28, 2023
- Punakha Tshechu: March 1-3, 2023
- Paro Tshechu: April 2-6, 2023
- Thimphu Tshechu: September 24-26, 2023
- Gangtey Tshechu: September 27-29, 2023
- Jambay Lhakhang Drup – Bhumthang (central Bhutan): October 28-31, 2023