A Tshechu is a religious festival celebrating Buddhism in Bhutan. The festivals take several days and include numerous dances, singing, and music. The performers wear brilliant costumes, and local people dress in their finest clothes and jewelry.
Most popular Festivals for 2024:
- Punakha Drubchen: February 16-18, 2024
- Punakha Tshechu: February 19-21, 2024
- Paro Tshechu: March 20-24, 2024
- Thimphu Tshechu: September 12-14, 2024
- Gangtey Tshechu: September 16-18, 2024
- Jambay Lhakhang Drup – Bhumthang (central Bhutan): October 17-21, 2024