A Tshechu is a religious festival celebrating Buddhism in Bhutan. The festivals take several days and include numerous dances, singing, and music. The performers wear brilliant costumes, and local people dress in their finest clothes and jewelry.
Most popular Festivals for 2020:
- Punakha Drubchen: March 2-4, 2020
- Punakha Tshechu: March 5-7, 2020
- Paro Tshechu: April 4-8, 2020
- Thimphu Tshechu: September 26-28, 2020
- Gangtey Tshechu: September 28-October 1, 2020
- Jambay Lhakhang Drup – Bhumthang (central Bhutan): October 31 – November 3, 2020