A Tshechu is a religious festival celebrating Buddhism in Bhutan. The festivals take several days and include numerous dances, singing, and music. The performers wear brilliant costumes, and local people dress in their finest clothes and jewelry.
Most popular Festivals for 2021:
- Punakha Drubchen: February 19-21, 2021
- Punakha Tshechu: February 22-24, 2021
- Paro Tshechu: March 12-23, 2021
- Thimphu Tshechu: September 16-20, 2021
- Gangtey Tshechu: September 18-20, 2021
- Jambay Lhakhang Drup – Bhumthang (central Bhutan): October 20-22, 2021