Airports Around Chile
Arrival: International flights are in and out of the Santiago Airport (SCL).
Atacama: You will arrive in Calama.
Lakes District: You will arrive in Puerto Montt.
Northern Patagonia: You will arrive in Coyhaique.
Southern Patagonia: You will arrive in Punta Arenas or Puerto Natales.
Traveling in Patagonia
- Punta Arenas – Puerto Natales: 3 hours
- Puerto Natales – Torres del Paine: 2 hours
- Puerto Natales – El Calafate: 5 hours
- El Calafate – El Chalten: 3 hours
Transfers To/From Torres del Paine:
- EcoCamp picks up in Punta Arenas 9-11am or 1-3pm. The pick up in Puerto Natales 12-2pm and 2:30-4:30pm.
- EcoCamp departs Torres del Paine at 8:30am, arrives in Puerto Natales at 10:15-10:30am, and arrives Punta Arenas at 1:30-2pm.
- Hotel Las Torres includes transfers from Punta Arenas in the price for their all-inclusive programs, but not the trekking programs.
- Hotel Las Torres offers free transfers from/to Puerto Natales for all programs. Pick up is at 7am or 2:30pm at the bus station. The transfer back after a trek arrives in Puerto Natales at 9:00pm.
- Explora includes transfers from Punta Arenas with all programs.
Transfers between El Calafate and Torres del Paine:
- EcoCamp picks up in El Calafate daily 7-7:30am, arriving at EcoCamp at 12:30pm.
- Bus service is daily Oct-Mar 6-8am, arriving Puerto Natales at 2pm, arriving at EcoCamp Office at 2:30-3:30pm for lunch. For Apr, May, Sep, bus service is Mon, Wed, Fri.
- Explora includes transfers from the Chile/Argentina border (Cerro Castillo) to Explora Patagonia. If you are staying at Explora El Chalten, they will provide the transfer to the border.
Transfers between Torres del Paine and El Calafate:
- EcoCamp picks up at Eco Camp daily 7am and 2pm Nov-Mar, arriving at El Calafate at 12:30pm and 7:30pm.
- Bus service is daily Oct-Mar 6-7am, arriving El Calafate at 1-2:30pm.
- Bus-Sur: https://www.recorrido.cl/bus-sur/en/
- First bus at 7am, last bus at 9pm, every 1 hour – 2.5 hours. Seat assignments. $7.50/person/one-way. PUQ-Puerto Natales bus station. Pay with PayPal.
- Turismo Zaahj: https://turismozaahj.co.cl/regular-bus-service/?lang=en
- Puerto Natales – El Calafate / El Calafate-El Chalten / El Calafate – Torres del Paine (6 hours / 5 stops)
- Buses Fernandez: https://www.busesfernandez.com/
- Buses Pacheco: http://www.busespacheco.com/
The airport on Easter Island is the Mataveri International Airport / Isla de Pascua Airport (IPC). The flights to Easter Island originate in Santiago, Chile.
Before traveling to Easter Island, please fill out the online Single Entrance Form (FUI) required by the Chilean authorities to enter the Island. In the Form you should enter your date of arrival, details of your flight, and details of your reservation. After submitting the Form, you should get a confirmation email. You have to show this email to the Chilean authorities at Santiago Airport in order to enter the boarding area.
For the Easter Island flight, you will need to have (print out):
- Confirmation email with Single Entrance Form (FUI)
- Your return ticket for a maximum 30-day stay in Easter Island
- A copy of your reservation
- Your passport
We recommend that you arrive for your flight at least 3 hours ahead of time.
Only purchase a ticket to the Rapa Nui National Park at the Hanga Roa Airport if it is not included in your stay.