With this trip, you really see EVERYTHING in Bhutan, going all the way from Paro in the west to the Bumthang Valley in the east. To do all this and not have to drive all the way back, you will fly back to the Paro airport, cutting the drive time in half.
We can customize this trip to including more hiking each day, and you can schedule your trip around a local festival/Tshechu. You can also upgrade the accommodations.
Look closely at the map — you really see everything except for the Haa Valley to the west….
Itinerary in Brief
- DAY 1: Arrive Paro, drive to Thimphu (Simtokha Dzong, Tashichho Dzong)
- DAY 2: Sightseeing in Thimphu (Folk Heritage Museum, National Library, Handicrafts Emporium, Traditional Medicine)
- DAY 3: Drive to Punakha, afternoon sightseeing (Dochula Pass, Divine Madman Monastery, Punakha Dzong)
- DAY 4: Drive to Gangtey, afternoon sightseeing (Phobjikha Valley, Gangtey Gompa)
- DAY 5: Drive to Trongsa, afternoon sightseeing (Chendebji Chorten)
- DAY 6: Drive to Bumthang, afternoon sightseeing (Jakar Dzong)
- DAY 7: Sightseeing in Bumthang (Iron Castle, Monasteries)
- DAY 8: Fly to Paro, afternoon sightseeing (National Museum, Paro Dzong)
- DAY 9: Sightseeing in Paro (Tiger’s Nest Monastery, Kyichu Monastery)
- DAY 10: Depart Paro
The price for this itinerary with mid-range accommodations:
- $2495/person for groups of 4 or more
- $2995/person for groups of 2-3 people
- $250/person for the flight back from Bumthang (estimate)