This itinerary is ideal for anybody who wishes to have a little adventure as part of your Kenya safari. The hiking and biking are moderate and anyone can do these activities with ease. The program is not an extreme adventure, but those young at heart can push themselves. The idea is to let anyone to cycle or hike as little as they wish or as much as they wish, because we have a backup car and an adventure guide. We provide bicycles, but you can also bring your own.
Accommodation is in good moderate, hotels on half board basis. Lodging upgrades are also possible.
You can easily extend this trip for 2-3 days to the Masai Mara.
Itinerary in Brief
- DAY 1: Drive to Longonot, Hike to Mount Longonot Crater, Drive to Lake Naivasha
- DAY 2: Lake Naivasha: Biking at Hell's Gate, Boat ride and nature walk at Crescent Island
- DAY 3: Biking at Lake Bogoria
- DAY 4: Biking in Kerio Valley
- DAY 5: Kerio Valley: Choice of activities (jog with Marathoners, bicycle, local community)
- DAY 6: Drive to Lake Nakuru, afternoon walk/bicycle at Kenana Farm
- DAY 7: Morning Lake Nakuru game drive, afternoon drive to Nairobi (or continue your safari to the Masai Mara)
- Hiking Mount Longonot Crater
- Biking in Hell's Gate National Park
- Boat ride at Lake Naivasha
- Nature walk at Crescent Island
- Biking at Lake Bogoria
- Biking in Kerio Valley
- Walking or running with Kenyan Marathoners
- Game drive at Lake Nakuru