The annual Make A Difference Now Kilimanjaro Trek charity climb is July 5-19, 2012. All contributions go towards helping local children attend a great school in Himo, Tanzania for a year. That includes everything from a uniform, classes taught in English, two meals a day, and transportation to school from the orphanage.
- JUL 5: Arrive Kilimanjaro Airport, transfer and overnight KIA Lodge
- JUL 6-10: Volunteer at Make A Difference Now, overnight MAD guest house
- JUL 11-17: 7-day Machame trek
- JUL 18: 1-day safari to Lake Manyara, overnight KIA Lodge
- JUL 19: Depart Kilimanjaro Airport
All participants are expected to raise a minimum of $3500/person.
This includes the Kilimanjaro climb, safari, all lodging, all meals, and a $1000 donation to the Make A Difference Education Fund. The price does not include international flights, tips, drinks, and any personal expenses.
MORE ABOUT VOLUNTEERING
Make A Difference offers excellent volunteer opportunities at the orphanage and in the community, helping to teach the children, set up workshops, and help maintain the community. Volunteering is another way to add an exciting and once in a lifetime experience to any Tanzanian trek or safari any time of year.