Here are our 8 top lodges for Amazon Rainforest tour in Peru starting from Puerto Maldonado. All lodges offer tours of 3-7 days. For the deep Amazon Lodges (Heath River Wildlife Center, Manu Wildlife Center, and Tambopata Research Center), tours are a minimum of 4 days. Most lodges offer daily departures. Click on the lodge name to see pictures.
|LODGE||QUALITY||CANOPY WALK||CANOPY TOWER||CLAY LICK||GETTING THERE|
|Hacienda Concepcion||3-star||Yes||No||No||25-Minute Boat|
|Reserva Amazonica||4-star||Yes||No||No||45-Minute Boat|
|Sandoval Lake Lodge||3-star||No||Yes||No||25-Minute Boat + 2-Mile Hike + Canoe|
|Heath River Wildlife Center
|Manu Wildlife Center
||3-star||No||Yes||Yes||7-hour Boat + Drive|
|Posada Amazonas||3-star||No||Yes||Yes||45-minute Boat|
|Refugio Amazonas||3-star||No||Yes||Yes||2.5-hour Boat|
|Tambopata Research Center
- Refugio Amazonas and Heath River Wildlife Center have a mammal clay lick for wild pigs, deer, and parakeets.
- Posada Amazonas and Refugio Amazonas rooms have an open wall to the outside (no window or screen). They have mosquito nets over the beds.
- All lodges will have a veranda with hammock.
- A Yellow Fever certificate and malaria pills are NOT required.
- Heath River Lodge is on the Bolivia border, so you will need to have your passport with you. No visa is required.
- Heath River Wildlife Center departures are Mondays and Thursdays.
- Manu Wildlife Center departures are Monday (4-day) and Thursday (5-day).
- The first night at the Tambopata Research Center is spent at the Refugio Amazonas.
- Trip Report from Peru Amazon at Hacienda Concepcion.