AWR announces a new trip — 9 Day South Vietnam: In Depth! On this special trip, we explore in-depth the deep traditional ways of life in the south, enjoying countless encounters with gentle genuine people living on the land and rivers, the lifeblood of the region.
Starting at $1095/person!
For trekking, rugged mountains, Hanoi and Halong Bay, travelers will want to visit North Vietnam, but for travelers seeking a quieter, personal look deep into the traditional river cultures of Southeast Asia and specifically Vietnam, plus some quality beach time in a beautiful beach area, South Vietnam beckons.
As a stark and colorful contrast, we also tour bustling Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City), the gateway for this trip. Saigon is a fascinating mix of Chinese and Vietnamese cultures, and is the undisputed economic hub for the country.
We wrap up the tour with relaxing days on the beach island of Phu Quoc. You’re welcome to add days here if you’d like more beach time.
One easy way to extend your trip is the 4-day Angkor Wat and Siem Reap in Cambodia, just over the border and a quick flight from Saigon.
*** The best time of year for this trip is November through May, the dry season and the time we see the calmest seas.
- DAY 1: Ho Chi Minh City Arrival
- DAY 2: Explore Ho Chi Minh City
- DAY 3: Travel Ho Chi Minh City – Ben Tre – Cho Lach
- DAY 4: Culture and countryside of South Vietnam
- DAY 5: Nga Nam Floating Market and Pagodas / Can Tho
- DAY 6: Delta explorations / Speedboat transfer across the sea to Phu Quoc
- DAY 7: Free day on the beach
- DAY 8: Free day on the beach
- DAY 9: Transfer to airport / Depart
- 3-STAR MODERATE: $1345/person
- 4-STAR LUXURY: $1545/person
- 3-STAR MODERATE: $1095/person
- 4-STAR LUXURY: $1295/person