Attention all adventure-seekers! We are so excited to announce that EcoCamp Patagonia is now officially open during Chile’s winter season. It’s the perfect chance to have that big, beautiful and snowy landscape all to yourself! Keep reading and learn what to expect on a trip to EcoCamp Patagonia this winter.
- Get Your Facts Straight
- More About Our Epic Adventures
- Why You Should Come in Winter
1) Get Your Facts Straight
- Winter Months: May, June, July and August
- EcoCamp’s Schedule: Open every other week this winter!
- Available EcoCamp Domes: Due to Patagonia’s chilly temperatures, travelers can only book a Suite or Superior Dome. It’s a little too cold to stay in a Standard Dome (which doesn’t have heating).
- Adventures to Book: Winter Flexible EcoCamp, Winter W Trek and Patagonian Winter Adventure.
2) More About Our Epic Adventures
As mentioned above, we are offering three EcoCamp adventures in winter: the Winter Wildlife Safari, Winter W Trek and Patagonian Winter Adventure. Learn more about these snowy experiences to discover which trip is right for you:
- Winter Flexible EcoCamp: (4- 7 Days): This is one of our most popular EcoCamp experiences! During winter, travelers can pick from one of two daily activities. Through each excursion, you will discover the park’s remarkable viewpoints and admire local fauna. Please note that during this season, we only have excursions available from Tuesday to Saturday.
- Winter W Trek (7 Days): Take on a wilder, more adventurous version of Patagonia’s classic W Trek. Along with cozy nights at EcoCamp, you will camp out along the trail and visit iconic scenery, such as the base of the Towers or the French Valley. Keep in mind that this trek is a bit more challenging during the winter season and snowshoes are advised!
- Patagonian Winter Adventure (5 Days): Explore the Magallanes region and spend a couple of nights at EcoCamp Patagonia. This is a great option for travelers who want to see Torres del Paine, as well as the surrounding areas. The itinerary includes a kayaking excursion, trekking, and much more.
3) Why You Should Come in Winter
There are plenty of reasons why winter is the best time of year to visit Torres del Paine! For starters…
- The scenery is absolutely stunning! Imagine snow-capped mountains, crystal blue lakes and quiet forests that are all surrounded by a blanket of white, icy terrain.
- Shy fauna come out to play! You have a better chance of spotting wildlife with fewer travelers in the park. Keep your eyes peeled for colorful birds, foxes, pumas and huemules (native deer).
- Patagonia is your own personal playground! The park is practically empty around this time of year. That means you can enjoy the landscapes and hiking trails without any crowds. It’s great for people who are looking for a peaceful and remote experience.
- It’s perfect for true adventurers! The weather is colder and the conditions are rougher — but it is all part of the Patagonia winter experience. Wintertime is a dream for those looking for a rugged, outdoor vacation.
Are you ready to book your winter adventure? Contact our Chile expert, Gretchen, today!