The shoulder seasons in Patagonia are magical times! The shoulder seasons are: September-early November, Patagonian Spring and late-March-May, Patagonian Fall. Read on for 5 top reasons to visit Patagonia in the shoulder season:
1) The winds are less intense and the weather is more stable in the shoulder seasons (and it’s generally only a few degrees colder on average than Dec/Jan/Feb).
2) Patagonia’s Spring (September, October) and Fall (March, April, May) is when everything is in bloom or when the colors on the trees are starting to change – gorgeous!
3) There are fewer people in the park during the shoulder seasons.
4) As there are fewer people, far more wildlife can be seen (puma, guanaco, rhea, condor, etc)
5) Prices are cheaper in the shoulder season.
Check out some of our most popular Patagonia adventures here:
- 3-Day Tierra del Fuego: Trekking at the End of the World
- 5-Day Patagonia: Torres del Paine Patagonia Camp
- 6-Day Los Glaciares National Park and Mount Fitz Roy
- 7-Day Patagonia: Torres del Paine W Trek with EcoCamp
Want to book your next Patagonian adventure? Contact us!
Your friendly Patagonia expert,